PRIVACY AND PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION POLICY
Econframe Pre-Hung Doors Sdn Bhd (887237-V) (“EPSB “) respect your right to privacy and we respect all personal data you provide to us. We are committed to protecting the personal data supplied by you to us. EPSB is bound by the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“PDP Act”) and all other applicable laws in Malaysia in respect of privacy protection which sets out a number of principles concerning personal data and consumer protection in Malaysia.
For the purpose of this Privacy and Personal Data Protection Policy, “personal data” shall have the meaning as ascribed to it in the PDP Act which means any information in respect of commercial transactions, which:-
- is being processed wholly or partly by means of equipment operating automatically in response to instructions given for that purpose;
- is recorded with the intention that it should wholly or partly be processed by means of such equipment; or
- is recorded as part of a relevant filing system or with the intention that it should form part of a relevant filing system,
that relates directly or indirectly to a data subject, who is identified or identifiable from that information or from that and other information in the possession of a data user, including any sensitive personal data and expression of opinion about the data subject; but does not include any information that is processed for the purpose of a credit reporting business carried on by a credit reporting agency under the Credit Reporting Agencies Act 2010.
This Privacy and Personal Data Protection Policy is issued in both English Language and Bahasa Malaysia. In the event of any inconsistencies between the English version and the Bahasa Malaysia version, the English version shall prevail.
2. TYPES OF PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED
During the course of your transaction and dealings with EPSB, you may be requested to furnish from time to time to EPSB, directly or through online forms and/or other electronic methods, your personal data, which may include your name, gender, age, marital status, date of birth, race, nationality, identity card number, passport number, visa information, correspondence address, email address, telephone contact number, occupation, income range, credit card or bank account information and/or other information relevant to the purposes listed in Paragraph 3 (a) below.
The types of personal data collected will be depending on the nature of your dealings or transaction with EPSB.
3. PURPOSE OF COLLECTION
- EPSB may collect, retain, use and otherwise process your personal data for the following purposes:
- providing you with services under any business of EPSB; or
- processing your application or registration under any program and/or activities organized or conducted by EPSB; or
- processing your application by EPSB in connection with your employment application; or
- notifying you of services or products whether present or future, updates and promotions including delivery of notices and sending any advertising and/or marketing material, to you (including notices through social medias); or
- entering into any transactions, agreements or instruments in the ordinary course of business of EPSB; or
- discharging EPSB’s contractual obligations in the ordinary course of business of EPSB; or
- collection of any payments due and payable to EPSB including late interest charges; or
- credit assessments and other background verification that may be necessary or appropriate for EPSB ‘s business or employment purposes; or
- human resource management; or
- sending you services, products or promotional information related to other third parties which EPSB thinks you may be interested; or
- discharging EPSB’s duties and obligations under the Companies Act 2016 (as amended from time to time) and any other applicable law, regulation, direction and guideline applicable to EPSB;
- for other legitimate business activities of EPSB; or
- in anticipation of, and in the course of an actual or potential sale, reorganization, consolidation, merger, or amalgamation of all or part of EPSB’s business or operations; or
- for any other purpose that is incidental or ancillary or in furtherance to the above purposes.
- To facilitate any of the purposes of Paragraph 3 (a) above, it is obligatory for you to supply EPSB with sufficient personal data as required by EPSB. If you fail to supply the personal data as required:-
- EPSB will not be able to provide you with the necessary notices, services and/or products requested;
- EPSB will not be able to process your application or registration for any of the necessary services, products, programs and/or activities; and/or
- EPSB will not be able to enter into the necessary transaction or dealing with you or in your favour.
- If you do not want EPSB to disclose, transfer, use or process otherwise your personal data for any of the purposes listed in Paragraph 3(a) above or if you wish to withdraw your consent in full or in part or limit the processing of your personal data, you may contact EPSB in writing at the particulars set out in Paragraph 7(c) below.
EPSB may disclose your personal data to the following categories of third party as may be required for any of the above purposes as stipulated in Paragraph 3(a) or for other legitimate purposes:-
- Companies Commission of Malaysia and any other person, body or government agency under the requirements of any applicable law or order, direction or regulation of any regulatory or appropriate authorities;
- any related companies and subsidiaries within EPSB ;
- EPSB’s business partners and affiliates;
- EPSB’s auditors, consultants, accountants, lawyers or other financial or professional advisers including any relevant financial institutions;
- EPSB’s agents, contractors, sub-contractors, network operations, third party service or product providers;
- third party property management companies;
- any other persons under a duty of confidentiality to EPSB; and/or
- any other entities that EPSB may think fit.
5. SECURITY POLICY
EPSB shall take practical steps to safeguard your personal data against any loss, misuse, modification, unauthorized or accidental access or disclosure, alteration or destruction by having regard:
- to the nature of the personal data and the harm that would arise;
- to the place or location where the personal data is stored;
- to any security measures incorporated into any equipment in which the personal data is stored;
- to the measures taken for ensuring the reliability, integrity and competence of personnel having access to the personal data; and
- to the measures taken for ensuring the secure transfer of the personal data.
EPSB shall ensure that any security policy developed or implemented by EPSB complies with the security standard required under the PDP Act and any applicable law that may from time to time be in force.
It may be necessary to transfer your personal data to other entities or service providers located in countries outside Malaysia. This may happen where EPSB’s servers or suppliers and service providers are based outside Malaysia or where you use the services from countries outside Malaysia. In these instances EPSB will take steps to ensure that your privacy rights are respected in accordance with this Privacy and Personal Data Protection Policy.
6. DURATION OF RETENTION
EPSB will retain any personal data supplied by you as long as the purpose it was collected for remains valid or otherwise permitted by any applicable law that may from time to time be in force
If any personal data is no longer required for the purpose for which it was processed, EPSB shall take all reasonable steps to ensure that it is destroyed or permanently deleted.
7. RIGHT OF ACCESS AND CORRECTION
Under the PDP Act, you have the right of access to your personal data held by EPSB upon payment of a prescribed fee as per the Personal Data Protection (Fees) Regulation 2013.
If you know that your personal data held by EPSB is inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or not up-to-date, you may make a data correction request in writing to EPSB. You may submit your written request or any inquiries in writing to EPSB at the following address:
|Attention||:||HR & Admin Manager|
|Address||:||No.1, Jalan 27A, Kaw.16, Kaw. Perindustrian Sungai Rasa, 41300, Klang, Selangor Darul Ehsan|
|Telephone No.||:||+603-3348 7268|
|Facsimile No.||:||+603-3348 7018|
BY PROVIDING YOUR PERSONAL DATA TO EPSB, YOU HEREBY AGREE THAT EPSB SHALL PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA IN ACCORDANCE WITH ALL OF THE FOREGOING